Saturday, August 8, 2009

Weaving unsung destinies

In this mad race for survival, I somewhere left behind the legs that used to walk for me as well as those that used to walk with me.."The Diaboliques"..My memory takes me back to a Utopian land, the land of the Soulz, the land of innocent dreams, unconditional friendship, unbound laughter, and those pristine melodies that made us so essentially the "Diabolique Soulz".

I was once asked by someone long back as to what made us name ourselves Diabolique soulz. Most of us were angels at heart (or werent we..:-) ) and nor did we sing or even listen to Death metal numbers (at least not me).Then why this explicit reference to something evil.Honestly speaking, I never had an answer to that question, nor do I have it now, around 9 years after we came into existence and then gradually vapoured out.

I nurture a dream to reunite, reunite as the "Vocal partners", a dream that I shared with Ankur and now sharing it with every member of the group. Music in its original form is divine, no matter what cult it belongs to, no matter who creates it and no matter who sings it provided he/she sings it from the heart.We are unable to put up our original compositions on the blogs, anywhere on the net owing to the fact that we are not protected from plagiarism, or because many of us feel that it will not grow beyond us and we would keep weaving our unsung destinies.My proposition to our group is to reignite and reunite the spirit of original music that lies hidden among many like us, through a protected platform (may be a sharepoint/website), which will eventually be exposed to the digital studios that may change fortunes and give many of those original minds/voices the right direction.

I would take this opportunity to pay my tributes to the very original Diabolique Soul "Late Rian Das", who walked with us in our dreams and will always be fondly remembered by every member of this group through the moments we lived together.May his soul rest in peace and his memories reignite our thoughts and our mission forever.

No comments: